Friday, August 08, 2008

This isn't the best picture from our wedding day. This picture was taken at the end of the night -- and you might be able to see how tired we were. Eleven years ago, we married at a beautiful church in West Allis, WI and then had our reception at Mykono's Restaurant (no longer there) which was across from State Fair Park. Our day was filled with family, friends and tons of love -- just as we wanted.

We chose to marry this week because the State Fair was going on and we thought it would give out of town guests something else to do while they visited. Just as dinner was being served, Bo leaned over to me and said we should run across to the Fair. I looked around at all the people with their dinners and thought "How could we leave?" Bo insisted and we decided to run out the door. My brother came with us and we ran across the street to many calls of "Congratulations!!" from complete strangers. They let us into the fair for free, and then they let us ride the ferris wheel for free as well.

It is a magical memory! After the ride, we went back across the street and nobody even missed us!

Eleven years later, and my dear husband still encourages me to push myself and not hold back for fear of what others might think. It's been a wonderful ride, and I can't wait to see what the next eleven years has in store for us!

No comments: